Friday, November 4, 2016

Affirmations for Detaching from Hurtful Persons

  • I am my own person. I do not need to worry about what __ is doing or thinking.
  • That person is not my responsibility. My energy is better used focusing on bettering my life.
  • That person has proven to me that he/she is selfish and uncaring about me, my feelings; therefore, that person is life poison in my life. I reject that poison. 
  • I feel pain because I am walking away from a hurtful relationship. That is okay. I am strong and I can handle my pain. That doesn't mean I need to allow that hurtful person back into my life. I can be here for myself in the present moment. 
  • That person has hurt me with their words, actions, etc... They do not deserve my thoughts, energy or attention.
  • I have a right to walk away from anyone who does not treat me with the respect I deserve.
  • I am smart enough to know when someone is treating me poorly or not. I do not need to get anyone else's approval for my decision to walk away from hurtful person.
  • Anyone who tries to tell me to reconcile with that hurtful person is an accomplice and is collaborating with the abusive, hurtful person. I know this and will set boundaries and limits with 3rd parties, as well as directly with the abusive person.
  • I will not tell the story of how this person hurt me to other people in order to gain approval and affirmation. I know what is best for me, and I trust myself to know what's best for me. 
  • That person proved to me that he or she doesn't have respect for me. There is no need for me to continue to be concerned about them anymore because that would be abandoning and neglecting my own best interests. I must take care of myself. 
  • That person is selfish and not pleasant to be around. That person makes me feel like I am less-than them, when the truth is I am equal and I deserve respect. I will set boundaries and walk away from relationships with selfish people who refuse to show me respect. 
  • It is right for me to walk away from hurtful people.
  • It doesn't matter if someone else disagrees with me regarding the poor behavior of an abusive, hurtful person. Not everyone has to agree for me to know that I'm doing the right thing for me.
  • It's no one else's business who I cut out of my life or who I confront for poor behavior towards me. I am my own person--I am not dependent upon the approval of others. 
  • I have made that person a bigger deal to myself than I should have. Now that I am aware, I'm going to shrink their importance inside my mind and focus on what's best for me.
  • I believe in myself. I know who is right for me. I do what is right for me whenever I am aware of what is best. 
  • People who truly love and care about me will support my decision to get this toxic person out of my life.
  • If that person really cared, loved and respected me, he or she would not have been crappy to me.  
  • Letting go of this person will not ruin my life. This person is not my last friend, last boyfriend, last girlfriend, last family member. I will heal and move on and better company will take his or her place. 
  • I will be stronger in the long run and happier without that toxic person in my life. 
  • That person may need me to feed their ego and make them feel important, but I have resigned from that position and choose to take care of myself instead. 
  • I believe in me and I believe in my future.
  • It may hurt to be alone for a while as that hurtful person took up a lot of my energy before, but I know that the sun will rise again. I know that I will find better people now that I realize I deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment