Thursday, June 9, 2016

100 Ways to Let Go

Letting go is about releasing control or the perception of control. Giving up personal control of all these things on the list below. Keep in mind... I am not shaming myself for thinking in old maladaptive ways. I'm not reprimanding myself at all.

I'm using my toolbox of skills to remedy holding on and trying to control. I'm using positive affirmations to combat the inner critic. I'm using thought stopping techniques to put the inner critic in its place. I'm also using meditative skills to just let the feeling or thought pass by; to notice it and allow it to be there.

Respecting myself without having to act or shame myself for feeling or thinking in old ways. I'm stopping myself from obsessing, from ruminating, from being a victim of all these thoughts that are the antithesis of well being.

I'm not shaming myself for holding on; I'm noticing and letting go the best that I can, giving myself lots of grace. This is an important distinction. Non judgement. Letting things be as they are. Accepting reality for what reality is. That is Letting Go. I invite you to let go of these things if you need to. Feel free to add to the list. I could go to 200. :)
  1. I let go of trying to make people understand me who don't have the capacity to understand me.
  2. I let go of the need to be perfect.
  3. I let go of my inner critic telling me I'm not good enough.
  4. I let go of trying to impress other people.
  5. I let go of trying to cover up my pain with substances, people, behaviors or activities.
  6. I let go of ignoring my inner child.
  7. I let go of having to be right.
  8. I let go of proving myself.
  9. I let go of people pleasing.
  10. I let go of the compulsion to put myself beneath others.
  11. I let go of the compulsion to look down on others.
  12. I let go of the need to stay busy all the time.
  13. I let go of my false self.
  14. I let go of the pain I've felt for so long.
  15. I let go of the need to prove that I'm unlovable.
  16. I let go of my fear of abandonment.
  17. I let go of my fear of rejection.
  18. I let go of my need to have someone love me no matter how cruel they are to me.
  19. I let go of my need to have a perfect body.
  20. I let go of my need to be accepted by those who are unaccepting of me.
  21. I let go of my aversion to kindness and love.
  22. I let go of living in the future or the past.
  23. I let go of defining myself by my material possessions.
  24. I let go of trying to prove that I'm right.
  25. I let go of trying too hard.
  26. I let go of toxic relationships.
  27. I let go of relationships that are for show but offer nothing.
  28. I let go of trying to get the love that I never got in childhood.
  29. I let go of my need to please the unpleasable.
  30. I let go of my need to be strong so that I can grieve.
  31. I let go of hiding from myself.
  32. I let go of hiding from my vulnerability.
  33. I let go of hiding from my pain.
  34. I let go of trying to get affirmation from outside sources.
  35. I let go of ignoring my deepest intuition.
  36. I let go of being afraid of what others think of me.
  37. I let go of allowing myself to be shamed by others. 
  38. I let go of allowing myself to be shamed by myself.
  39. I let go of the shame I feel for the abuse I've endured.
  40. I let go of the shame I feel for the progress I've made.
  41. I let go of the shame for my success.
  42. I let go of the shame for my failures.
  43. I let go of feeling like I am bad, worthless, unlovable.
  44. I let go of feeling guilty for things outside of my control.
  45. I let go of feeling toxic shame for my mistakes.
  46. I let go of needing to control others opinions of me.
  47. I let go of needing to give advice to other people without being asked.
  48. I let go of feeling pity for those who are abusive towards me. 
  49. I let go of taking the blame for all the problems in my relationships.
  50. I let go of giving too much in relationships.
  51. I let go of taking too little in my relationships.
  52. I let go of hiding my needs to make other people comfortable.
  53. I let go of saying yes when I mean no.
  54. I let go of automatically agreeing that others are right and I am wrong.
  55. I let go of blindly following people without checking with my heart first.
  56. I let go of feeling sorry that I'm taking up air to breathe.
  57. I let go of feeling responsible for other people's feelings.
  58. I let go of feeling responsible for other people's life problems.
  59. I let go of negative emotions that keep me from myself.
  60. I let go of eating to soothe emotional pain.
  61. I let go of exercising to be perfect and accepted.
  62. I let go of degrading myself in order to motivate myself.
  63. I let go of judging others.
  64. I let go of judging myself.
  65. I let go of seeing myself as all good or all bad (black and white).
  66. I let go of people who shame me.
  67. I let go of labels and stereotypes for myself and others.
  68. I let go of trying to get love from those who have no love to give.
  69. I let go of allowing myself to be abused.
  70. I let go of my old story.
  71. I let go of trying to prove myself to people who are rejecting.
  72. I let go of rejecting people.
  73. I let go of ignoring my needs.
  74. I let go of keeping the peace at the cost of my self esteem.
  75. I let go of pleasing others while abandoning myself.
  76. I let go of the fear of anger in others.
  77. I let go of the need to suffocate my own anger which is there to protect me.
  78. I let go of denying my feelings.
  79. I let go of ignoring myself while taking care of others.
  80. I let go of taking care of those who can take care of themselves.
  81. I let go of being controlled by others.
  82. I let go of ignoring my truth.
  83. I let go of being easily persuaded against my truth.
  84. I let go of idealizing others.
  85. I let go of the need to be in a relationship to feel worthwhile.
  86. I let go of feeling unworthy of love.
  87. I let go of accepting abusive behavior.
  88. I let go of settling for crumbs.
  89. I let go of giving myself away.
  90. I let go of allowing my inner child to be unprotected.
  91. I let go of shaming myself for my needs.
  92. I let go of being silent when I need to speak.
  93. I let go of being compliant when I'm being disrespected.
  94. I let go of the need to keep peace at all costs.
  95. I let go of what other people need me to be for their own benefit.
  96. I let go of being exploited.
  97. I let go of self criticism.
  98. I let go of ignoring my inner child.
  99. I let go of addiction to people.
  100. I let go of people who can't love me for who I am.
  101. I let go of the need to perform for accusers.
  102. I let go of the need to over give to abusive people.
  103. I let go of the need to comply with bullies. 
  104. I let go of the need to be controlled by others.
  105. I let go of the habit of putting myself down for my imperfections.
  106. I let go of comparing myself to others.
  107. I let go of using outer circumstances to determine my internal worth.
  108. I let go of ignoring my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment