Monday, September 16, 2013

Weakness


Weakness is okay. I've learned to lean into my vulnerability, not leave it stranded. I stick with myself all the way through it.

One of the most important truths I've learned this year is how to *be with* your own vulnerability. Weakness is okay.


Leaning into your own vulnerability, being present with it no matter where it takes you softens you in myriad ways. It breeds compassion.

If I am hurting, I don't turn away. I lean into it, support it and see it through without judgment.

Need is okay. Want is okay. When I understand that vulnerability, weakness and need is okay, I am able to let down my walls and connect with others, to relate on a human level. You do not have to be so tough all the time. You don't have to be made of steel. You are made of flesh, with a beating heart and breaths that are ever-so-delicate.

Weakness is delicate. Getting in touch with your weakness and allowing vulnerability space within your consciousness is to embrace one more beautiful aspect of beingness with acceptance, love and honor. No need to run and hide. You will not die from admitting your weaknesses, needs and vulnerabilities; the truth is, once you accept these less-than-perfect aspects of yourself, you will become more fully alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment