Friday, January 4, 2013

Christ-Centered Self Love

I want to get this one thing straight. I am a Christian, and I cannot fathom living my life without God. It may be confusing to some people when I talk about "Self Love," especially those who are Christians, and who know me as a Christian. The "Self" is very much discounted in the Bible in several verses...

It is my opinion that the concept of "self" that is spoken of in the Bible is very different from the "Self" that I am speaking of in my SelfLoveU Course and all the other blog posts and content that I post for this work. It's like the difference between pride and pride.

There are only so many words to use in the English language. We are very much limited by the words we can use to express the meanings that we try to convey. Some of the things I may speak about when talking about "loving yourself" may appear, on first glance, to be Humanistic or anti-Christian. However, this is not my intent.

I haven't done an in-depth word study on the word "Self," but I have studied the Bible in depth, and I completely agree with the Biblical principals of service and selflessness. I also agree with the need to "die to self" and to humble ourselves to God and others.

When I speak of "Self Love," I am not talking about selfishness or self-centeredness. I am merely talking about loving yourself as you love your neighbor. This is a Biblical principal that I believe many in the world today are missing, including the church. I will be explaining this in depth in the coming year, as well as in my SelfLoveU Programs.

The kind of Self Love that I am talking about in my programs is the same kind of Love that emanates from the Holy Spirit of God as portrayed in the Bible. Love that is selfless, pure, accepting and kind. This is the kind of love that I believe we should each have for ourselves. My content will always stem from this premise, as I know the love of God is the most powerful force on earth! I cannot fathom living a day without knowing His great, superior, awe-inspiring love! Nothing can compare.

Please note, I will not be preaching in my SelfLoveU Programs. I will not have a Bible verse to back-up everything I say. I will not be converting people, and I will not be proselytizing. That is not what I am called to do here. That is not my mission and it is not my purpose. Those who are interested in God will be given the opportunity to connect in a deeper more authentic way. Those who do not believe in God are free to connect with their Higher Power, or the God of their own understanding. No judgment. This program is personal and meant to be broadly construed.

Another thing to note is that I believe there are some important principals in other religions that are central to healing. There are teachings from other religious leaders that are helpful in understanding the self, such as meditation, breath-work, Law of Attraction, Nonviolence and Detachment. I will use these teachings as they fit with the program, but I do not condone the entire religious system.

I will also welcome psychologists, doctors and experts with differing views from mine. If and when they speak about something that is contrary to my beliefs, I will express my views openly, but I will not speak negatively about the beliefs that they hold.

So that is my position on spirituality for my SelfLoveU Programs and content. At any time if you have a question, comment or concern about my teachings or my stand on any spiritual matter, I welcome your questions. Contact me and let me know. Communication is key.

My heart is with God. My foundation is in Christ and my concept of Self Love is inline with the love spoken of in Ephesians 3:17:

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

The wisdom I will be sharing on this blog and in my Programs for SelfLoveU will revolutionize your life, connect you with your True Self, and connect you with God. People will be set free from bondage and chains that have held them back for years. God will work in mysterious ways through me as I convey all the stuff that I believe He has shown me. I don't want to sound too religious here, but please understand that God is sovereign in my life. His will be done despite my own shortcomings.

I hope to see you all in the program!

Click here to LEARN MORE about the upcoming SelfLoveU Course.


No comments:

Post a Comment